Saturday, January 14, 2012

January Extravaganza



Our family lives in Newport Beach, CA, Woodland Hills, CA, Ventura, CA, Lee Vining, CA, Costa Mesa, CA, Mammoth Lakes, CA,  Nashville, TN, and Minnesota. The Foss Christmas Extravaganza takes place this Saturday in Newport Beach, California at Grandma's House, the original Gen #1.  There will be (2) Gen #1; (8) Gen #2; (15) Gen #3; and (6) Gen #4 (Gen #4 is the great-grandchildren, so you can work your way back to GG or Great-Grandma Foss, Gen #1.)
July 8, 1945
Pete (1924-2010) and Orlene Foss (1924-)

Great-Grandpa & Great-Grandma (GG)
July, 2010
So this year, one of my creative nieces decided we needed some technology assistance to plan our Christmas Get-together, introducing us to Pinterest.  She set-up a shared board so that all the creative women in the family could pin ideas about food, games, gifts, decorations, and more.  We have had a blast pinning throughout November, December, and January.  This Saturday we finally come together for the Extravaganza.  Getting together with this group will not be restful, but it will REJUVENATE my creative soul!

BTW, did I mention that the adult cousins are wildly competitive with one another, so we always have some kind of competition?  This year, the annual Boccee Ball Tournament will take place, and ] we will also have a Beer Making Competion (5 cousins competing, all tasting).  Last year it was ugly Christmas Sweaters.  Very competitive these cousins.  Details to come next week!

Bocche Tournament 2010
Ugly Sweater Contestants January, 2011
Here are some Pinterest pictures that we pinned to inspire our 2012 January Extravaganza.
It's officially going to be a beer and burlap Christmas.  Evites to follow today!What kind of vases needed?

mason jar centerpieces with epson salt in addition to mason jars with votive candles... (carrie and I just saw these!)
Mason Jars, Epson salt and trees
I will take pictures throughout the day and post next week the full and fabulous, but let me share today some of the ideas that made the cut, some pics and some ideas pinned, but didn't make the final plan.

Pinterest http://pinterest.com/agreywoode/foss-christmas-2011
I believe this made the cut and will be produced by Tom and Cortney.
Homemade pretzels with cheese sauce


We are doing this one also.  But I'm thinking of making pink lemonade. I have the decanter, some mason jars and straws.  I think between the champagne and beer, we'll need the alternative.
Pink Lemonade, Mason Jars, and Striped Straws
Candy Cane Cupcakes
Cranberry Bree Bites
Homemade Beer Tasting Contest
Source: ffffound.com via Ashley on Pinterest


Cranberry Margaritas in Mason Jars

5 comments:

  1. Great pics! Looks like a fun time. What a great idea about using Pinterest, too! Happy weekend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas you girls came up with! I think I am going to have to steal some for our family get togethers. As for the R&R Weekend, I wanted to participate, but I am not sure how to do it. Sorry this new fangled technology is all new to me. (That's how I know I am getting old.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I'm so busy having a great weekend, I neglected to set it up correctly. I think I'll have to put off hosting a party until I'm not so busy. In the meantime, I will enjoy visiting you and your blogs! ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a fabulous party planned! I love all your pinterest ideas! Your grandparents are so cute! I hope you have an amazing party and your are so smart to plan it in January when all the hustle & bustle is over! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these looks fabulous and stunning!! So love to see all these idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging messages! No anonymous messages. Thanks!~CJ