Saturday, June 23, 2012

Garden Metamorphosis

What do you get when you combine hard work, plants, water, and lots of sunshine?  A garden that would make Michelle Obama proud!





The Foss Farm/Garden metamorphosis has been an ongoing project, but really ramped up Memorial weekend, when we transformed a spa deck into raised bed planters.  We couldn't be more thrilled with our decision.  The spa had been well-used, but we really wanted raised bed planters, so our son offered to take the spa off our hands so we were off!





Break up the hard dirt

 Recycled the deck wood to make three planters
 Lined with plastic, filled with magical planting mix (recipe below)

Added drip system, then plants







Add water, sunshine, weeding as needed



Blueberry picking in the rose garden



I'm linking up with these wonderful parties
Serenity Saturday
Metamorphosis Monday
Seasonal Sundays



Please leave me a comment.  I love to hear from you, and read about what you are up to as well.

Happy Summer!
~CJ

12 comments:

  1. What a great project to share. I love the gravel and tiles you have around the beds. This must have been a very rewarding project for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your raised bed garden looks awesome. I'm originally from SoCal(Long Beach) and lived there for 40 years! I'm wishing I was there visiting my daughter because your weather is in the 70's right now and ours is in the 90's!!! So jealous of your blueberries! Stopping by from Metamorphosis Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your raised beds are wonderful! It was a great idea to put them there and they appear to be a manageable size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These raised beds are wonderful!! look how lush and green everything is:) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is absolutely fabulous! What a great transformation. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this garden space!!!!! Thanks for sharing it TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!!! Hope to see you there Wednesday night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful garden and transformation. Love the progress. Thank you for your kind comments... I am going to post my garden on Sat... but don't have such a pretty gardener as you do!!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that idea! It's so green and delicious as well. If you enjoy working in the garden you have it right at the back door. I hope you have a wonderful outdoor summer there! Thanks for stopping by. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is wonderful, I would love raised beds. You will have a bumper crop this year. Enjoy every minute of harvesting and cooking. I am a first time visitor from southern party. Drop by for a visit. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a wonderful garden. Such a great use of your space. I'm super jealous of your drip system too. This year, I have been all over my garden, and it doesn't seem to be doing half as well as last year, when I didn't do too much to it. Such heartache. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your raised garden beds! Looks amazing! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging messages! No anonymous messages. Thanks!~CJ